the wanton tree

A haiku blog. Non traditional ramblings (this guy does'nt count his syllables) of a haiku poet about town. Includes daily haiku from the author and his shady poet friends. Off the cuff haiku book reviews. Writing ideas, gripes, and non categorical asides. Off the beaten haiku path.

Name:
Location: California, United States

I often post while wearing a speedo because it keeps me focused.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Sacred and Profane

stained glass-
the sunday morning sun
paints my hands blood red




over golgotha-
a bright red kite
a small dark shadow


aceldama:
buried in the soil
a property deed


a cold harsh wind
tearing prayers from my lips-
good friday



judas-
my feigned obedience
on lukewarm lips



easter sunday-
the trampled clover
begins to uncoil


These are "Christian Haiku" for lack of a term. I think you carry cultural, spiritual, elements into your verses without being "preachy." After all, there's plenty of Zen haiku right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home